Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Peek at Our Week

We're glad that Summer is finally here! The girls are enjoying a nice long 2 week summer break before they head back to start a new school year. Haha...at least there won't be any time to get bored. July is the busiest month of the year for us besides Christmas time. We get to celebrate Taylor and Chris' Birthdays, Our Anniversary, and 3 other family birthdays along with the holidays. It gets pretty crazy remembering everything, but it's fun to party all month long.

Chris has been traveling to Riverton for work. It's a long way to drive everyday and we're beginning to see that we may need to move or win a lifetime supply of redbull and gas. But that seems like too much to take on until after the baby is born. His car is possessed. At least that's what the auto mechanic said. It randomly decides not to start and nothing can be found wrong with it. I guess it's sick of the long commute too, unfortunately cars can't drink redbull. Luckily, Chris loves riding a motorcycle in a suit. It's kinda James Bond. I'm not sure how that's going to work out in the winter though. Chris gets to celebrate his 36th birthday the end of this month.

Me...I am enjoying the nice warm weather. We've been making trips to the Roy Aquatic Center to cool off and work on our vitamin D. Chris and I will be celebrating our 13th anniversary this week. I can't believe it's been thirteen years, it's gone so fast. I'm getting nervous for this next year as I will be the most busy I've ever been in my life. I get to have all three of my girls in school. There will be a lot of driving with a half day kindergartener and two full time students. Then the girls will have ballet everyday except Tues. So my time in the car will not be limited. I'm really excited to welcome our new baby girl, but it's going to be very demanding taking care of a newborn in the midst of all the other demands. I hope I can do it all.

Taylor is turning eleven this month. She is having a Mad Hatter party with her friends. She is excited to be in the sixth grade this year and rule the school.

Brooke is happy to be in a new room downstairs with Taylor. She is getting ready to go to the second grade. She is a little jokester, always joking around and giggling.

Presley is a big girl now with her very own room, but not for long, she has decided she wants her new baby sister to share a room with her. It has turned out really cute. She is getting excited to start kindergarten. However, she wasn't too excited to get her kindergarten shots. She made it through though and is all set, new backpack and all. She has also decided to take ballet this year like her sisters. Presley still says some really cute and grown up things. She recently said to me "Mom my life is changing" and she recently said to Chris, as he was hugging her a little too tightly, "Dad I need freedom!"

Baby Girl #4 is coming along nicely so far. We don't have a name picked out yet, which seems to be the popular topic of discussion lately. I won't know her name till I see her, but Chris and I are working on a few ideas. I have ten weeks left. It has gone by so quickly until now, everyday seems like a year. I'm not sure time has ever moved so slowly. But I'm trying to enjoy my last days of summer, sleep, and heartburn.

And that's a peek at our week.

2 comments:

Julie said...

What a treat. I never check blogs anymore and today I check and you have something wonderful. I love that Chris feels like James Bond. I had no idea Brooke and Tay are sharing a room downstairs. I'll have to come see the changes. I'm sorry you have heartburn. That's a bummer. Yes, you will have it crazy for a while with school and dance and shuttling around with the new baby. You'll have to get some books on CD or something to entertain yourself while you spend time in the car being the taxi. I can't imagine what four girls will be like. Blink and you miss it, though, right? Thanks for the cute post.

Marlene said...

I love your blog! I will be so happy to help drive the girls part of the time on a regular basis this year to help you out! Hey, what are mom's for huh? Also, we are going to sell our jeep but if you ever need it in the meantime - you are welcome to it. Love ya!